Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love bulk cooking!

I'm creating this blog to share the bulk cooking love. :) I'll post recipes, tips, encouragement and experiences from my own bulk cooking adventures, otherwise known as "don't try this at home!" ;o)

When my third son was born, I had over sixty meals frozen in my freezer for the babymooning. He is four months old now, and I still have some of those meals. I have started to cook in bulk again to keep my freezer well stocked. When we have one-of-those-days, and that seems to be often, it is reassuring to know I don't need to worry about dinner.

I prefer making four or five multiples of the same meal, serving one for dinner and stocking the freezer with the rest. Making five meals in this way doesn't take much longer than making one meal, and I've found bulk cooking saves a LOT of money.

One more thing: we eat a mostly vegetarian diet, and this blog will reflect that.


Happy freezing!

2 comments:

  1. hi! can you post your recipie for the black bean chili sometime? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget your delicious enchiladas you made for us when we had our baby! You are an amazing cook and I can't wait to see what lies ahead on your blog!

    ReplyDelete